Subscribe to Passion For LORD
Join over 10,000 people who get FREE content from this Blog. We Respect Privacy, No Spam!
You're Made For Revival
Word of God says "For nothing is impossible with God.-Luke 1:37" "Is anything too hard for the LORD? - Genesis 18:14" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:26. So according to these scriptures raising people who are dead is a simple task for God who reveals himself as the Resurrection and life. In the Bible there are six such people including Jesus who raised the dead back to life. There are three from Old testament and three from New testament.
1. Elijah: Once Elijah stays at camp in one widows house upon the instructions of the Lord. One day widows son will die so Elijah does like this Then he cried out to the LORD, "O LORD my God, have you brought tragedy also upon this widow I am staying with, by causing her son to die?" Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried to the LORD, "O LORD my God, let this boy's life return to him -1 Kings 17:20-21
2. Elisha: Next was Elijah's successor Elisha not only received double portion of Elijah's anointing but also did double the miracles of Elijah. Once Elisha blesses a woman with a child and she did conceived as Elisha professed but one day her son dies then she hurries to Elisha. The he sends Gehazi to go ahead of him and touch him with his stick but to no avail. Then Elisha himself comes to raise the dead boy. When Elisha reached the house, there was the boy lying dead on his couch. He went in, shut the door on the two of them and prayed to the LORD.Then he got on the bed and lay upon the boy, mouth to mouth, eyes to eyes, hands to hands. As he stretched himself out upon him, the boy's body grew warm.Elisha turned away and walked back and forth in the room and then got on the bed and stretched out upon him once more. The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes. - 2 Kings 4:32-35
3. Ezekiel: This prophet is being directed by God to speak to bones which are scattered in a valley and tell them to live. The account of this story is found in Ezekiel 37:4-10. Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.'"So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone.I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.'"So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army.
4. Jesus: Jesus Christ raised 3 people back to life in three different instances.
Raising of Widow's Son at Nain:
As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out--the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her.When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."Then he went up and touched the coffin, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!"The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother. - Luke 7:12-15
Raising of Jairus' daughter: When Jesus entered the ruler's house and saw the flute players and the noisy crowd,he said, "Go away. The girl is not dead but asleep." But they laughed at him.After the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took the girl by the hand, and she got up.-Matthew 9:23-25
The Raising of Lazarus:
So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!"The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go." - John 11:41-44
5. Peter: He is a apostle who was very weak in faith but still had been given a name as rock and he did some mighty miracles like Jesus and even death could also not stand before him.
Peter went with them, and when he arrived he was taken upstairs to the room. All the widows stood around him, crying and showing him the robes and other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them.Peter sent them all out of the room; then he got down on his knees and prayed. Turning toward the dead woman, he said, "Tabitha, get up." She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter she sat up.He took her by the hand and helped her to her feet. Then he called the believers and the widows and presented her to them alive. - Acts 9:39-41
6. Paul: This man was made apostle by God's will He was not like other Apostles who used to be with Jesus, he is given much regard as most of the new testament contains his letters. Miracles signs and wonders were a part of his ministry and raising dead was by no means an option at all.
Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead.Paul went down, threw himself on the young man and put his arms around him. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "He's alive!" - Acts 20:9-10